THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Oil Imperium/Black Gold" © 1990 reLINE/Electronic Zoo.
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path.
These programs can be found in the WHDLoad package.
The installed program requires 1 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate message.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
The game has some timing problems on fast machines. I hope I have mostly fixed
them, if not you have to live with that.
The original german and english version and the Quartex/MTG cracks are
supported by this install.
version 1.0 (23.01.08) done by Wepl:
- initial release
- manual protection removed (courtesy Quartex)
- some empty dbf loops fixed
- manual, tips and source included
version 1.1 (05.02.08) done by Wepl:
- english version supported
- install script corrected to not overwrite file 'snd/4000' with the
contents from the second disk, this fixes the intro music, if you update
either reinstall or copy the file manually from the first disk
- load/save game is now working
- exit from game menu works
- manual protection completely removed
- soundplayer fixed
version 1.2 (16.02.14) done by Wepl:
- non freed filehandle fixed which caused the game after some play time to
crash because out of memory (issue #2299)
- fixed missing bplcon0.color bits
- fixed an interrupt acknowledge
- uses a bit less chip memory now and will work on 512k chip machines
- support for the US release called 'Black Gold' added, thanks to Retroplay
for the images
version 1.3 (13.06.14) done by Wepl:
- fixed timing loops better adjusted to match A500 speed, drilling and
pipelining should be as slow as on a plain 68000
version 1.4 (22.05.17) done by Wepl:
- one wait loop slowed down to match original speed better (done at
Amiga meeting East in Halle 2017, greetings to all :)
version 1.5 (15.2.2018) done by Wepl:
- drilling sound fixed, file "4000" was on both disks with different
content (issue #3756)
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to: