THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Wayne Gretzky Hockey" © 1988 Bethesda SoftWorks.
This install requires WHDLoad, DIC, RawDIC and The Patcher to be in the path.
The programs can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate message.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick345.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.3 (14.11.17) done by StingRay:
- access fault fixed
- graphics problems (caused by trashed copperlist) fixed
version 1.2 (21.09.05) done by CFou!:
- another version supported (Thanks to Garry Cardinal for that)
version 1.1 (13.09.05) done by CFou!:
- Another version supported (Thanks to Gunnar Andersson for that)
- Mouse removed during intro and activated after main title
- Music switch off upgraded
- 1 access faults removed in new version (memory detection routine)
- Source code included
- Manual files added
- Colored icons added
version 1.0 (30.09.01) done by CFou!:
- Initial release
- Kick1.3 used
- Rawdic's imager used
- Shitch off loading music after loading
(Game crashed If loading was more speed)
- 'ButtonWait' tooltype used to heard loading music at title screen
(Press Fire0 or LMB to skip)
- Load/Save game redirected to HD in 'disk.2' file
(to swap gamedisk and savegamedisk just click on DF0: in load/save menu)
- Savegame can be imaged using RAWDIC too
(Warning!! last tracks can have checksum errors if they not still used
for savegame. So just click 'cancel' to skip them)
- Quit option in menu patched for clean quit
- Bad boot decryption protection which ran fine only with an A500 fixed
- Trackdisk Protection removed
- GlowIcon and NewIcon added (Thanks to Frank/Matrix)
- Debugged with SnoopEcs Tooltype
Thanks to Seppo Typpo & Gunnar Andersson & Garry Cardinal for originals.
It was a very long work, I hope you'll appreciate it ;-)