Short: HD-Installer for Wild Cup Soccer V1.0
Author: Codetapper/Action and Bored Seal
Uploader: Codetapper/Action (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This patch applies to "Wild Cup Soccer" (c) 1994 Teque/Millennium - 2 disks.
Thanks to Mad-Matt for sending the original!
- Slave requires WHDLoad V13+.
- Game requires 1.0Mb chip mem (+1.8Mb other memory for preload option)
- Full load from HD
- 2 versions supported
- Loads and saves games (Bored Seal)
- Ice! decruncher relocated to fast memory
- Access faults fixed (x2) (Bored Seal)
- Keyboard acknowledgement delay recoded
- Trainer added (set CUSTOM1=1-2 for the cheat mode - see below)
- RomIcon, NewIcon and GlowIcon (created by me!)
- Quit option (default key is 'F10')
- Taken from Sweet Cheater by Keith Krellwitz and Codetapper!
- On the main menu with the options Wild Cup, League and Unfriendly,
plug a joystick into the mouse port and hold down the joystick button
while pushing forward at the same time. Now hold the main joystick
forward and keep doing this for about 10 seconds. The words "CHEAT
MODE" will appear at the top of the screen, and you still start with
$20,000,000 in the bank.
- After the first cheat is active, you can activate a second cheat by
holding the joystick in the mouse port left while holding the main
joystick right for about 10 seconds. The word "SPECIAL" will appear
at the top of the screen underneath the words "CHEAT MODE". All
players will now start with the status Brutal as well as the normal
cheat mode of $20,000,000 in the bank.
To start the game with $20,000,000 you can set the tooltype CUSTOM1=1.
Setting CUSTOM1=2 starts with both the above cheats activated.
One of the versions of Wild Cup Soccer is bugged and causes some very
difficult to patch access faults at the start of the game and then
after reloading a saved game. If you run the installer, open the Disk.1
file in a hex editor and jump to $4200. If the longword is $600024a2 then
you have the good version. If you have $600024a8 then you have the bugged
one. The bugged version should be run with the NOMMU flag. Perhaps this
was an early release of the game before everything was fixed. If you have
the bugged one, contact me and I will send you the good version to replace
Save games will be stored in the file "Disk.3". It's possible to convert
an old floppy savedisk by: DIC DFx: FD=3 LD=3 SIZE=94992
Special thanks to Mad-Matt for his patience with this release, Bored Seal
for coding the save game routine and some heavy bug fixing and to the
entire WHDLoad team!
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs:
________ ________ ________ ____ ________ ________
_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \
__ ___ /___/ / /_____/\ / / / / / / /
/_//__// \___ / / /CT\/ / / / / / /
/___/ /___ / / /_____/___ /___/ /___ __
\____/ \____/ \____/ \____/ \____//__//_/
Visit the Action website for more of our productions: