THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE.
THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS
ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU
ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR OTHER
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY
DAMAGE CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE
OWNER OR A THIRD PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF
That install applies to "Xenon 2" © 1988,1991 The Bitmap Brothers.
It supports 6 floppy disk and the CDTV version of Xenon 2.
That install requires WHDLoad and RawDIC to be in the path. Both
can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select Expert as
You need 1.0 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
You can quit the game by pressing F10 (key can be changed with
- some access faults removed
- highscores will be saved
- after game over a wait has been added, which waits until the fire
button is not pressed for a while, this is to prevent filling the
highscore table with 'AAA' if autofire is used
- the game hs been patched so that cash can be taked over from one
shop to the next (in original cash is cleared on shop exit)
- trainer added, gives 100000 cash and 9 ships, trainer will be
enabled via Tooltype Custom1, if trainer is enabled the highscores
wont be saved
- in the CDTV version Custom2 redirects the left mouse button to the
fire button B (if you don't have a joypad)
- CD music control from the game is currently impossible (CDTV),
maybe there will be a future version of WHDLoad which makes it
if you have problems with this installation please try first to get
a newer version of this install from
if that does'nt help try some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC,
NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. if that also does'nt help inform the
author via the Bug-Report-Form which can be accessed on
for full WHDLoad package and other installs refer to:
Wepl in December 1998 and May 1999.
Thanks to Frank Brandis for support.
version 1.4/1.5 (19.06.00) by Wepl:
- highscore saving fixed (sorry, old scores are lost)
- cash takeover added
- trainer fixed
version 1.5/1.6 (16.08.00) by Wepl:
- crash fixed, occuring when not entering highscores (thanks to Jan
Vieten for report)
version Floppy 1.7 (11.05.03) by Wepl:
- snoop bugs removed
- keyboard fixed
version Floppy 1.8 (13.08.04) by Wepl:
- two more disk versions supported (budget: one disk without intro
and one disk complete on PDos), thanks JOTD
- SMC on two disk versions removed which caused problems on UAE
version Floppy 1.9 CDTV 1.6 (11.05.05) by Wepl:
- supports another disk version (one disk version by Speedlock
- autofire highscore writer preventer added
version Floppy 1.10 CDTV 1.7 (23.12.17) by JOTD:
- adapted to WHDLoad v17
version Floppy 1.11 (25.02.18) by JOTD:
- CUSTOM2 allows to skip introduction for floppy versions which have one.
- quitkey available for 68000
- I originally intended to create a "superpowered" cheatmode, but I gave up because this game
is quite difficult to understand and there are a lot of versions so I lost patience. I just added more
continues in the existing trainer.
- What would be also cool would be using the second button for "dive" feature (instead of space),
which is available later in the game. Once again, 7 versions to support + testing/debugging at some advanced
stage daunted me (for now).
- The patch removes the "zero credits after shop", which is not faithful to the original game (some advice states:
"you cannot take it with you"). Makes game slightly easier by allowing not spending all the money. Maybe a stupid design
from the programmers, but the original design.
- Also we could use in-game keys: F1: resplenish energy, F2: levelskip, ...
- Some versions still crash/lockup after introduction on WinUAE fast configs, probably SMC remaining to be removed