THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Z-Out" © 1991 Advantec/Rainbow Arts
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path. Both can be found in
the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 3.4 (30.04.16):
- enabled VBL interrupt during game (for key remap)
version 3.3 (29.12.13) done by JOTD
- fixed CPU dependent loops (hopefully fixes the music)
version 3.2 (05.07.07) done by JOTD
- merged the 2-player weapon fix (which was removed by the major
3.0 slave rewrite)
version 3.1 (05.02.05) done by JOTD
- checks and aborts if NTSC tooltype is set (avoids lockup)
- minor source rework
version 3.0 (10.01.05) done by Harry:
- fully rewritten by Harry
- fixed graphic bug at level 5 (well done Harry!!)
- high-scores are now saved
- high-scores input is now fixed (it was completely buggy)
- source code included
- reworked readme, icons & install (JOTD)
- invincibility cheat changed from J+K to I+J (A1200 problems)
version 2.x (2002-2003)
- First WHDload release
- Patch for non-EC CPUs (real 32 bit)
- Interrupt handling does cause freezes anymore on fast CPUs
- Debugged 2 player game (done by anonymous)
- Convienient installer script
- Protection removed
- Hi-scores removed (caused problems)
- Advantec logo recentered (thanks to Harry for the fix)
- Keyboard routine patched
- CUSTOM4 tooltype (set to 1) allows autofire on by default (avoids pressing 'A')
- Access faults removed
- Nice set of icons added, by Chris Vella, Frank, Exoticons, and Gideon Cresswell.
- Rewritten install script to use new WHDLoad templates (v2.1)
- SNOOP bug fixed (v2.1)
version 1.x (1997)
- JST releases
- Ignore the system requester telling there's a checksum error during the installation.
- The J+K invincibility cheatmode has been replaced by J+I because the J+K key combination
is not possible on the A1200 keyboard (cheap hardware, 2 keys on the same line
cannot be pressed at the same time...)