GAME : Zeewolf
PUBLISHER: Binary Asylum
SPSID : 0414
HOL : http://www.abime.net/1622
VERSION : 5.03
DATE : 09/2009
Requires an original copy of the game. Four versions are supported.
Requires version 44.10 or later of the standard Amiga "Installer"
program or a compatible equivalent.
Requires version 16.0 or later of the WHDLoad package by Bert Jahn.
WHDLoad is available from:
Please consider registering WHDLoad or making a donation to help
support future development of more hard drive installers for your
favourite Amiga games and demos!
INSTALLING THE GAME
Extract all files in the release archive to your system.
Double click on the "Install" icon present in the extraction
directory and follow the instructions given by the Installer
The game will be installed to a directory you select on your
hard drive. You will be alerted if installation fails for any
reason, please contact the author if this happens.
PLAYING THE GAME
Open the game drawer created during installation and click on the
icon to start the game. The game will exit after one level if you
are not a registered WHDLoad user.
The following keys may be used while the game is running:
F10 = quit game and return to Workbench
Registered WHDLoad users have the following additional features:
- the following additional keys may be used while the game is running:
F5 = instantly complete the current mission
- the CUSTOM1 and CUSTOM2 tooltypes may be used to activate
new features in the game:
CUSTOM1 = 1 to activate infinite lives
CUSTOM1 = 2 to activate infinite armor
CUSTOM1 = 4 to activate infinite fuel
CUSTOM1 = 8 to activate infinite cannon shells
CUSTOM1 = 16 to activate infinite rockets
CUSTOM1 = 32 to activate infinite AAMs
CUSTOM2 = 0 to set starting mission to 1
CUSTOM2 = 1-8 to set starting mission to 1,5,9,13,17,21,25 or 29
CUSTOM1 values may be added together to activate multiple features
- the BUTTONWAIT tooltype, if specified, will allow the "bouncing
logo" intro animation to continue indefinitely until a mouse or
joystick button is pressed.
This product is free software © 1996-2005 Halibut Software.
No payment is required to use this product. If you have paid to
buy, rent, download or otherwise obtain or use this product in any
way you should contact the author immediately.
THE FULL TERMS OF THE LICENCE AGREEMENT MAY BE FOUND IN THE FILE
"LICENCE" WHICH MUST ACCOMPANY THIS DOCUMENT. IF THIS FILE IS NOT
PRESENT, CONTACT THE AUTHOR.
LICENCE BREACHES MAY CONSTITUTE COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT PUNISHABLE
UNDER RELEVANT LAW.
The licence terms in summary are as follows:
- You are free to copy and distribute this work under the
- you must give the original author credit
- you may not use this work for commercial purposes
- you may not alter, transform, or build upon this work
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to
others the licence terms of this work.
- Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission
from the author.
- Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by
PGP KeyID: 0x112e3452
PGP or S/MIME signed/encrypted mail welcome.
DONATIONS: PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- first working version
- handles 2 different Zeewolf versions
- bug fixed in ZBoot - would free memory twice if loading failed
- completed the game from hard drive
- manual installation (The Hard Way) no longer supported
- internal version
- added ability to install or not install the trainer menu
- added trainer to select start level
- trainer GUI now uses GadTools gadgets
- added ability to store a default configuration in icon tooltypes
- added infinite armor trainer
- better Starting Mission trainer - no need to enter password now
- can now disable/enable GUI with tooltypes
- revamped GUI
- added support for yet another version of Zeewolf!
- fixed a STUPID bug in the GUI that would cause a crash sometimes
(closing a window twice)
- rewrote GUI to avoid bugs in the Blitz compiler >:(
- fixed bug in the Starting Mission trainer that would crash the
game if you started from mission 1.
- rewrote GUI in SAS/C and made it font sensitive
- ZINSTALL IS NOW SHAREWARE !
- rewrote as a WHDLoad slave to give "Quit" option
- rewrote documentation in AmigaGuide format
- installer now comes in "big" and "small" versions for
machines with different amounts of memory
- adapted for WHDLoad 10.2, no more "big" & "small" version
- enable caches and CPU features for maximum speed
- experimental support for 3rd version of game
(may not work)
- now freeware
- moved to new release numbering system
- requires WHDLoad 14.0+
- removed manual protection
- removed some left over floppy access code
- removed some debug code that had somehow been left in DOH!
- fixed misc. GUI bugs
- tweaked cache settings for better performance
- uses standard release numbering system
- uses standard WHDLoad installer script
- WHDLoad v16.0 compatible
- rewrote slave
- added support for a fourth version of the game
- fixed blitter usage code
- fixed interrupt race in intro
- allow intro animation to continue until button press
- dropped GUI component
- all new icons
- fixed type of "standard" icon
- added mission skip hotkey trainer
- internal changes
- updated installer script
"Zeewolf" is © Binary Asylum
WHDLoad is © Bert Jahn
v2.00- GUI written in Blitz Basic v2.10 © Acid Software
v2.00-R0501.1 GUI uses gadget layout code adapted from sources supplied by
Hans Guijt from his fMSX-Amiga project
Thanks to Chris Coulson for helping debug and update the installer for
A4000/060 and different versions of Zeewolf.
Thanks to those who supplied disk images, you know who you are.
$VER: Zeewolf ReadMe 5.03 © 1996-2009 Halibut Software