THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Goblins 3" © 1993 Coktel Vision.
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 3.1 (06.06.2020) done by JOTD:
- really fixed issues #0003339 and #0003638 for good. A bugfix attempt to correct RectFill wrong values
interacted badly with game when expansion memory was only 24-bit. Method of fixing the original issue
has been improved. Also raised issue #0004709. Damn that was tough to fix properly and preserve ability
to use fast memory for this game. Now got to fix Gobliins 2 too I guess...
- added another blitter fix
version 3.0 (28.05.2020) done by JOTD:
- fixed small graphical issues (blitter waits) on fast machines (can be turned off on slow machines)
- fixed issues #0003339 and #0003638 for good: blitter wait errors that just slighty
corrupt the graphics (but not always) and the game memory,
typical from Cocktel Vision Games. Setting EXPCHIP sometimes fixed the bug because it slowed
the game down and allowed blitter to finish... SNOOP+CHK didn't help because it also slowed
down the game and fixed the bug (and didn't detect it)
- no need to click on mouse when "insert disk 2" requester appears (issue #0003016)
(was tricky to do elegantly)
- added more language selection options
- reduced chipmem usage to 512k
- cleaned up protection part, worked by miracle without crashing on one version
version 2.3 (27.02.2017)
- adapted for WHDLoad v17
- found workaround for issues #0003339 and #0003638: use EXPCHIP when you get system err -6
(you need 2MB chipmem to be able to do that). Spent a lot of time on that bug, seems that
the game has a nasty uninitialized variable error, and depending on the fastmem config it
happens or not. Locating the program in chipmem doesn't work if contiguous (0-$100000) but
EXPCHIP works because it probably allocates the expmem very high in chipmem.
version 2.2 (05.03.14)
- increased chip memory to avoid random error message "not enough memory" (SPS #370)
(looks like issue #002985, though a bit different). With 64k more chipmem, the message
no longer appears.
version 2.1 (29.12.2013 but from an unreleased fix from 01.07.2006)
- fix for fastmem improved (could lead to problems: should fix issue #0002216)
- quick installation check on slave startup (avoids wrong installation problems)
- reassembled for kickemu/whdload 17.2
version 2.0 (26.05.2005)
- fixed for fastmem: super fast load & play
(wrong gfx.RectFill call crashed, and access fault on quit)
- fixed left mouse button press on "insert disk". No need to keep pressed
- 3 versions supported
version 1.2 (11.09.2004) done by JOTD:
- adapted to WHDLoad v16
- reworked readme
- source code included
version 1.1 (19.05.2002) done by JOTD:
- supports another version
- misc kickemu changes
- adapts to current system locale by default
- CUSTOM 1 & 2 tooltypes help to select language selection:
* Set CUSTOM2=1 to force language selection
* Set CUSTOM2=2 to force english language
version 1.0 (12.05.2002) done by JOTD:
- initial release
I apologize for all users that reported me the infamous "system error -6" and I couldn't reproduce it, or
not always, ... it was a damn blitter bug. I investigated another Cocktel Vision game (Asterix Operation Getafix)
and found that small parts of memory were changed without the CPU doing anything: missing blitterwaits, probably
very short so whdload debug options couldn't detect them...
I just noticed that spanish and italian languages lock up the game just after
the protection bit in the 3 versions I have. German language works in one of the versions (SPS370)
and not it the others... Not sure why... French and english languages seem to work ok.
It's NOT a protection issue, since it locks up even when not cracked and correct code entered
Although noone ever reported that issue to me, even if this NEVER worked.